Kids Walk to Cure Diabetes:
Benefits for your school:
Your school recieves 10% of the money raised.
Students can earn fun prizes depending on the amount of money they raised.
Your school will receive a banner with your name on it indicating how much was raised!
How the Kids Walk to Cure Diabetes program works:
1. Contact Katie Freind at the Eastern PA Chapter - 610.227.0359, or firstname.lastname@example.org - and schedule your kids walk. Pick 2 dates, 2 weeks apart. Your school can participate any time of the year!!
2. On the first scheduled date, JDRF staff and volunteers come to your school teach the students about diabetes and the Kids Walk as well as give them fundraising ideas.
3. Students have 2 weeks to collect donations.
4. Two weeks after we do our presentation, we hold a Kids Walk to Cure Diabetes on your campus. JDRF volunteers and staff come back to your school and help run it. We collect the money and count the money--teachers and school staff never has to do any of that.
5. Wrap up your campaign. Expect Kids Walk prizes, your school banner and your 10% appreciation check about 6 weeks after your donations and order forms have been received by the Eastern PA Chapter.