UPCOMING EVENT CALENDAR
Please click on the event name for further information and to RSVP!
Joan Shepp Boutique Fundraiser
Wednesday, February 13, 2013
5:00 - 8:00 PM
Come out for drinks, hors d'oeurves, and the satisfaction of
knowing that a percentage of all sales will come back to JDRF!
1616 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Conestoga Restaurant Fundraiser
March 14, 2013
6:00 - 9:00 PM
1501 East King Street
Lancaster, PA 17602
Taking Our Shot 5k
YMCA Camp Speers Eljabar
143 Nichecronk Road
Dingmans Ferry, PA 18328
Spin to Cure Diabetes
Whether you are a beginner or expert cyclist, the JDRF spin-a-thon is a fun, high energy event that invites team spirit and friendly competition among colleagues. The team relay challenge has each team member spin for eight minutes with a two-minute changeover period between each spinner. The 2013 Spin to Cure Diabetes will take place at a Center City Philadelphia location during lunch hours. Our goal is to raise $100,000 to help fund a cure for type 1 diabetes (T1D).
· Recruit colleagues to form a company team of five riders.
· Teams ride in one-hour intervals so participation fits any schedule.
· Enjoy the camaraderie with your colleagues, and the competition with your teammates and peers across your sector.
· Multiple company teams from different departments create a fun atmosphere.
· Many teams compete to see who can raise the most money, show the most spirit, make the most noise, and wear the best costumes.
· Each rider must collect a minimum of $150 in pledges to participate.
More information will be available in January 2013. If you would like your company to form a team or sponsor the event, please email Philadelphia@jdrf.org.
The Eastern PA Chapter of JDRF is extremely grateful to the many individuals and organizations who wish to organize events to support research and programs to help find a cure for type 1 diabetes! THANK YOU!